Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lent for Children

The internet is a unique entity. It’s also hard to describe. Since I’ve been contributing to this blog, several things have happened to me. 
  1. I have not had chocolate. Not intentionally, but just because the temptation did not present itself. 
  2. I have been thinking quite a bit about my relationship with God, my faith and my church. More questions than answers have evolved out of that. 
  3. I have been googling several Lenten words on the internet and have inadvertently been taken to several sites that have intrigued me.
I would like to share two of those sites I landed on that I believe will increase your Lenten awareness, particularly but not exclusively, if you have young children around you.

The first one is Aslan’s Library and it deals with theological books for children. The article that caught my eye is entitled, Walking Through Lent With Children.

Celebrating religion and faith is a personal experience, but it should also include family and specifically children. As you read this article, you will arrive at the second site designed for families. It is called This Classical Life and the article is “Lent at Home.”

I am tempted to make the gingerbread pancakes and the pretzels just for fun. The prayers, recipes and other links are equally intriguing. I am anxious to see where these musing will take us all now. . .

Joan Shisler

No comments:

Post a Comment