Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Love is Stronger than Death

Having read Love is Stronger than Death by Cynthia Bourgeault, an Episcopal priest who fell in love with Rafe, a Trappist hermit in the evening of both their lives, I felt it was so moving that it could very well be of interest to other members in our parish.

The author’s writing reflects the deeper meaning behind the title after Rafe dies. My own dear brother John died unexpectedly January 2nd, 2010 in England and the book spoke personally to me as a result. It is a beautiful book, dealing with our beliefs or not, of being able to touch our loved ones who have passed on, through our deep love for them.

I know some of our members have already read the book and enjoyed it, so I would love to set up a discussion group for those and others who might be inspired to read it, too. My own work at my Meditation Retreat Center in NC dealt specifically with this very issue just over a year ago, so I can bring the fruits of that time to the discussion also. I have an extra copy should anyone else want to borrow it. Let me know if you are interested in a joining a 2 hour discussion group by commenting below or contacting me directly.

Brenda Hollweger

No comments:

Post a Comment